Voice lessons Salt Lake City
If your voice jams up as you go higher, or cracks or breaks; if it suddenly shifts in strength or quality, if falsetto is the only way you can sing higher, then you’ll never improve until you find a teacher who understands the exercises to help you master the vocal bridges in your voice.
Occasionally I’m asked for teacher recommendations by prospective students who don’t live close to my Bountiful Studio and don’t want SKYPE lessons, or need immediate assistance and can’t wait for an opening in my own teaching schedule. In my opinion, here are the top voice teachers in the Salt Lake City and the Davis County, Utah area I can recommend. I make this list based on my personal experience with these teachers and their training and teaching background.
These teachers have been trained directly or indirectly by Seth Riggs and I know they understand how to help students get through the bridges in their voices. Dean, Linda and Angie were each designated as the highest level instructors in the Speech Level Singing organization and the former two were also Master Teachers in the organization. Nine of these teachers I’ve referred students to depending on location, experience and budgets. The list is divided by geography and is in no particular order.
Top Voice Lessons in the Salt Lake City Utah Area
1. Dean Kaelin, Salt Lake City. I studied with Dean regularly for 8 years. He has trained and mentored me as a singer, teacher and performer.
2. Linda Tomkinson, Salt Lake City. Linda has trained and mentored me as a singer and a teacher.
3. Angie Michelsen, Salt Lake City. Angie has trained me as a teacher.
4. Mindy Pack, Salt Lake City. Mindy has mentored me as a teacher and studio owner.
5. Eric Richards, Salt Lake City. I have attended workshops with Eric.
6. Doreen Shurts, Salt Lake City. I have attended workshops with Doreen.
7. Megan Yates, Salt Lake City, Utah. I have attended workshops with Megan.
Top Voice Lessons in the Davis County Area
8. Renae Jerome, Bountiful, Davis County. I have attended workshops with Renae and she’s taught students in my studio.
9. Laurie Vandegrift. West Bountiful, Davis County. I have attended workshops and performed with Laurie. She helped me make the decision to teach full time.
10. Teri Stock, Bountiful, Davis County. I have attended workshops with Teri.
11. Charleen Adams, Layton, Davis County. I have attended workshops with Char.
I am biased in favor of teachers who understand vocal exercises that help students successfully master the bridges in the voice. I have seen these teachers teach and know they have this ability and I can recommend them in good conscience and believe you will be in good hands.