Music around the world lesson plans
By – Jennifer Dalke
Subject – Music, Language Arts
Grade Level – 4-5
25.A.2c, 25.B.2, 27.A.2a, 27.B.2
Geography, History. Language Arts
* Students will be exposed to many types of music that they may have never heard before
* Students will recognize that different cultures have different types of music, and they should all be celebrated for their uniqueness
* Students will be responsible for finding a piece of music that represents their personal culture or nationality, playing that piece for the class, and explaining the type of music that it is
* A large world map posted on a bulletin board
* Construction paper
1. The teacher will play a song that represents her culture for the class. She will, then, explain where this type of music came from, and what type of music it is.
2. The teacher will point out a large map on the wall and explain that each child will have a week to do some research and on a given day, everyone will present a type of music to the class.
3. The teacher will show the students a small flag from the country she chose, with a paragraph about the music written on it. The teacher will pin the flag to the appropriate country, and explain that each student will do the same.
1. Students should be sent home with a letter to their parents explaining the project so that they may help their children as much as possible In finding an appropriate piece of music.
2. Students should also be given some library time during the week to do any necessary research. Be sure to remind the students to check out a book with a picture of their flag in it.
3. On the day before the presentations, students will be given the opportunity to construct their flag out of construction paper, markers, glitter, and crayons. They can be free to design their flag in any way they want.
4. The day of the presentations, each student will take turns playing his piece of music for the class, and reading his paragraph from their flag. When each child has finished, he may pin his flag to the appropriate country.
The teacher will need to guide the children in this project to help them discover information. The teacher should also encourage the students to listen to a variety of pieces before they pick one to present. Finally, the teacher should emphasize that ALL different types of music are important and should be appreciated.
Creative Question Suggestions:
1. Does this sound like any music you’ve ever heard before? Does anything you hear on the radio sound like this? Why or why not?
2. What do you like/dislike about this piece?
3. What kinds of instruments do you hear in this piece?
* Some students may feel as if they have no particular culture that they identify with. If so, allow them to pick any country they want to research.
* The teacher may need to help the students place their flags in the correct places on the map.
1. Did the student complete the assignment? Did he research and present a type of music?blogging from scratch blogging from iphone blogging from ipad blogging from home blogging from home jobs in blog or on blog in your blog or on your blog blogging in the elementary classroom blogging in education blogging in google blogging in 2022 blogging in wordpress turning blogging into a business turn blogging into career translate blogging into kannada blogging translate into bengali getting into blogging fall into blogging how to make money while blogging blogging like blogging like apps blogging like website blogging like site blogging platforms like medium blogging sites like tumblr blogging sites like medium blogging near philadelphia blogging classes near me blogging course near me blogging workshops near me blogging coaching near me blogging groups near me blogging events near me blogging of photography blogging of e commerce blogging of music blogging of art blogging of cars blogging of computer blogging of a product blogging of future blogging blast off guest blogging off page write off blogging expenses money off blogging blogging takes off traduzione blogging on google opposite of blogging blogging out meaning is blogging out is blogging out of date blogging is dying out what do you mean by blog blogging over thyme blogging over wine blogging over 50 blogging over 40 blogging over advantages of blogging over social media building over blogging over blogging definition blogging past participle blogging in past tense blogging pro jobs bloggingpro reviews bloggingpro wordpress theme bloggingpro theme pro blogging tips pro blogging tips blogspot pro blogging idea blogging through instagram blogging through google blogging through mobile blogging through wordpress blogging through facebook blogging through the fourth dimension blogging through pinterest blogging through squarespace earning thru blogging can i earn from blogging can bloggers make good money blogging to earn money blogging to win course review blogging to make money online blogging to win.com blogging to relieve stress blogging to promote your business blogging to the bank blogging under your own name blogging comes under which category blogging comes under which industry laptop for blogging under 40000 blogging up meaning blogging sign up blogging set up blogging startup makeup blogging blogging wrap up sign up blogging account set up blogging site blogging vs blog is vlogging better than blogging should i blog or vlog can you make more money blogging or vlogging blogging with wix blogging with wordpress blogging with notion blogging with students blogging with shopify blogging with google blogging with medium blogging without a niche blogging without investment blogging without writing blogging without showing your face blogging without domain blogging without website blogging without wordpress blogging blogging apps blogging as a side hustle blogging anonymously blogging as a career blogging and making money blogging as a business blogging apps that pay blogging about mental health blogging business blogging boys blogging best practices blogging business ideas blogging books blogging basics blogging bishop blogging business plan vlogging camera blogging courses blogging classes blogging courses for beginners blogging conferences 2021 blogging conferences 2022 blogging coach vlogging camera with flip screen blogging definition blogging dirty blogging dog center blogging def blogging definition and example blogging define blogging dallas cowboys blogging degree blogging examples